OpenDDS requires TAO. If you will be using the
configurescript for OpenDDS (see the
INSTALLfile for details), you do not need to download TAO first -- the
configurescript will download it for you.
OpenDDS has been tested against the versions of TAO given below. Note that the _._a releases are from OCI and can be obtained from http://www.theaceorb.com/. The DOC Group releases can be obtained from http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/. For responsive support from OCI it is recommended that the latest version of the OCI release of TAO used for OpenDDS development and testing be used.
- OCI TAO 1.6a patch 14 or greater
- OCI TAO 2.0a patch 6 or greater
- DOC Group TAO 2.1.7 or greater
GNU Make 3.80 or higher is used for automating the compiling and linking of OpenDDS on Unix and Linux systems.
Perl is used for running the automated tests and examples included in this source tree, or if you will be generating Makefiles or Visual Studio project files.
The "configure" script also uses Perl.
On Windows platforms, we recommend the use of ActiveState Perl.
This release of OpenDDS has been tested under the following platforms:
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit), Windows Mobile 6 (ARM)
- Linux Red Hat EL 5 (x86_64), Red Hat EL 6.2 (x86_64), Fedora 12, 15, and 17 (x86_64), Fedora Core 6 (x86), Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (x86_64), openSUSE 11.4 and 12.2 (x86_64)
- SunOS 5.10 (Solaris 10) (SPARC), SunOS 5.11 (OpenSolaris 2009.06) (x86)
- VxWorks 6.9 RTP (x86) -- compiled but not yet tested
- Android NDK
This release of OpenDDS has been tested using the following compilers:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 7.1 with SP1 (Visual Studio .NET 2003)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 8 with SP1 (Visual Studio 2005)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 9 with SP1 (Visual Studio 2008)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 10 with SP1 (Visual Studio 2010)
- gcc 4.1.x
- gcc 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5646 dot 1)
- gcc 4.4.x
- gcc 4.5.x
- gcc 4.6.x
- gcc 4.7.x
- Clang 3.2
- QNX gcc 3.3.5
- Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25
- Sun C++ 5.10 SunOS_i386 2009/06/03
Please see the file
INSTALL for detailed instructions
on building DDS on a number of platforms.